I’m Iza of Iza’s Face Ups and I’ve been a face up artist for 6 years. I’ve worked on many sculpts in all sizes and themes! This face up tutorial covers my method of working and is not the only method. This is just meant as a starting point to discovering your own style and way of working!
Before we begin, I wanted to cover the materials I use for painting dolls in no particular order:
- Chalk pastels (Schminke, Daler Rowney, Winsor & Newton, and Rembrandt)
- Shimmer powders (Jacquard Pearl Ex Pigments)
- Watercolor tube paints (Koi)
- Synthetic soft bristle brushes (Various brands including make up brushes, sizes range from 30/0 to 12)
- Kneaded eraser
- Cotton balls
- Cotton swabs
- Spray sealant (Mr. Super Clear UV-Cut Flat or Citadel Purity Seal)
- Acrylic gloss (Liquitex Gloss Medium or Model Color Varnish)
- White glue (PVA or Elmers, just needs to be water soluble)
- Cotton glove
- Respirator (Needs to be have at least an N95 vapor filter on it!)
Now let’s begin!